Premier Care In Bathing - Bathtub Installation Review

1.5
Service Scheduling

I had the Sanctuary tub installed in 2016. The front panel started pulling away, i called the number they gave me and it had been disconnected after doing some research i found out that they did a management restructuring.

I got in touch with the call center and filed a claim thet said they would send somebody. Nobody called. The next complaint i have is the financing was to easy the payments have become difficult to make. I called Monterey Fi ancial Services and asked if they would lower the payments and they sais that premier care got their money .

So im stuck paying $16,000 off my wife and i are on social security. I had to get a full time job.

I think Premier Care is preying elderly people. I wish i had done more research for a walk in tub.

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Premier Care In Bathing - Non working massage jets

Purchased the premier walk in tub in 4/11/2016 for the wife who is in Dialysis and the tub we had was hard for her to shower or wash in. Found out that the jets were not working, called the company and they gave me a number to call and tell the so called repair line what was going on.

Called the person at the end of November said he would get right on it to get the repair personal out to work on it now here it is the new year and still getting the run around....

Was told also that another company had bought the company who i purchased the tub from Premier care in bathing.. who do I talk to to get my tub fixed it is still in warranty !

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: Run around on repair.

Preferred solution: Get the tub fixed.

North Bergen, New Jersey, United States #1343399

My husband and I were screwed over by them too ... and now we can't get anywhere with it ..

Premier Care In Bathing

1.2
Turnaround Time

They have contacted me to tell me how sorry they are and that they are going to send another piece for moms and an then contact me for a service call. What a joke, that have never called and they still won't answer their calls.

My mom hates her tub already and wishes she never invested that large amount of money to still not be able to take a shower. Such a sad thing to pick of the elderly and handicap. How do people sleep at night.

She would love a refund at this point.

She is looking for a lawyer, but again money is the main problem because all she has already but out. Please can anyone help her?

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: Elder abuse, Value for price, Deceptive presentation, Finish.

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #1229790

They are never going to help you!! Call a lawyer!!

djstoddard
North Vernon, Indiana, United States #1224838

Please tell me how you were able to reach them? All the numbers I have don't answer.

I read your complaint and I can sympathize with you.

We, too, are very dissatisfied. Thank you.

Premier Care In Bathing - Bathtub Installation Review

A bunch of low life thieves.

I signed a contract to have then install a tub but they never showed up for 4 months and when I asked for my $4250.00 back they sent me a letter saying I forfeit the deposit cause I cancelled the contract. The letter they've sent me has no name and the phone number on it was no longer in service

386-761-1830

A bunch of dishonest people

What a shame.

Now I have to take than to court and ask for the lawyers fee as well

My name is Nabil Bennekaa

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #1229956

Good luck to you! Yes I was a former employee there and when we asked the accounting department about the status of refunds, we also go the run-around.

The company has now switched ownership again and now the call center has moved to another state. I really hope you are able to get you money back!

Premier Care In Bathing - My mother could not use shower handle, to hard to pull up and down

1.7
Turnaround Time

So, in June we decided to get my mom one of these tubs so that she could start taking a bath again also shower and wash her hair. I have to say that the tub is nice. BUTTTTTTT when she discovered that she could not work the handle to take a shower it was very disappointing to her. So, I called to get her tub some maintenance to find out that all the numbers that were left for her in case she had any troubles were all BAD NUMBERS. I went through 8 plus phone numbers of Premier Care to find out that they were no longer any good. So tell me why did they give her those numbers? I finally found a number that someone answered and was told that they changed the number (did not let any of their customers know this) to be directed to another phone number that I have since found out that they say is the corporate office, who then told me that they will mail another part for the tub and my handicap mother could go do her own repairs to the tub after spending $15,000.00. Not that they will come look at it and fix for her, but do it herself. Now that made me mad and I have been calling and calling and calling and being told that it has been sent to the service department for them to come and fix it, mind you now it has been a month since all of this began. So, what Premier Care is telling you is give us your money and we will install the tub for your but if anything happens it's now your problem because they are not coming to fix it. They sell these basically to the elderly and handicap customers and they expect them to do their own repairs. Never in my life have i EVER heard of such a thing. My poor mother has not been able to wash her own hair since June when the installed the tub. SOOOO, at this point I am copying and pasting this everywhere, including channel 7 on your side. Shame on these people to take such advantage of the elderly and handicap customers. I will never recommend this company to anyone and I mean anyone. They have taken my mother’s money and are not making good on their part. You would think when a company changes their phone number the first thing they would do is inform their customers. I am not done with them, trust me. They will not treat my mother like this. All they do is pass the buck and you never hear from them. Guess they are stalling until the warranty wears out. This is why I am making a record of this. Premier Care you need to make this right with my mother. How would you feel if it were your family members and watching them cry because they feel like they were robbed?

They kept responding with please give us a number and we will call you asap. No calls. When the issue started I dialed 6 numbers that was no longer a good number. When finally finding a good number I asked about the bad numbers they gave the customers and they said, we are sorry we changed our number. I asked why did not you not let your customers know of the new number, they stated I don't know. Then they gave me the service phone number and guess what, that was a bad number.

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Elder abuse, Cannot use the shower.

Henrietta, North Carolina, United States #1305347

I, too, had problems with my tub early on. However, the company did make good on the minor repairs and, even replaced my tub because it leaked.

The consensus was it wasn't installed properly. For quite a while I didn't have any issues and was enjoying the tub.

In Nov 2015 I was contacted by mail about a new lifetime warranty plan that was being sold for $1,000.00. I live in a semi-rural part of NC, where finding techs for appliance repair isn't easy. In fact, the repairs persons sent by Premiere Care were either from Asheville or as far away a Raleigh!

With this in mind and feeling comfortable about this company's service records for me, I signed up. I made installment payments but, when the last one was made, I didn't get any warranty certificate or other doc showing it was paid. I called in March 2016, spoke with the Warranty Office and did receive my cert a week or so later. All went along well until October 2016 when my tub began leaking - THE MOLD THAT LEAKED CAUSED WAS HORENDOUS.

I called the number I had and discovered it was disconnected. I went on-line and found a new one. I, too, went through "H" trying to get someone to return my calls. I left msg after msg at the Daytona office.

I hadn't tried the prompt for "claims" as I needed service but when leaving messages for nearly ONE MONTH w/o any results, I gave "claims" a try. Through that prompt, I finally got another number which I called and ended up speaking with a call center call taker. ZERO help and rude, too! That rep told me that the phones in Fla were having problems due to the recent bad storms that went through the area, so they finally managed to get the phones transferred to them.

I left a msg but no call back. I called again the following day and couldn't get any where that day. All I was being told was to leave a message with them and someone would call back. I asked for a supervisor and the putz told me he didn't know his boss' name.

I asked for the main phone number for the corporate office, he didn't know that either. We're now nearly a month into this mess.

Finally, on Nov. 7, 2016, I got through to a real live person! I learned the company had sold (finalized) in March 2016 and that the new outfit (Blackstreet Holdings) was NOT going to honor ANY warranty for ANY tubs purchased prior to April 1, 2016 - not even if the tub was purchase on March 31, 2016.

So - here I was - in need of service and none to be had AND out my $1K!! I was told if I needed a part, they could sell me parts for my tub and would provide PHONE service to help with any repair questions. Oh gee thank! The rep to whom I spoke gave me his name and direct extension with the understanding he would do all he could to help me if I wasn't able to resolve my leak problem on my own or TRY to help me find someone who could come do the repair.

Luckily, in that case, I managed to troubleshoot and resolve that problem.

The one I currently have (as of yesterday, Monday, 3/20/2017) isn't one I can fix. THE HANDLE SNAPPED OFF WHEN I CLOSED THE DOOR AFTER GETTING INTO THE TUB TO TAKE A SHOWER!!! I HAD TO CLIMB - CLIMB!!! - OVER THE TOP OF THE TUB TO GET OUT BECAUSE THE DOOR LATCH WOULDN'T BUDGE!!!

I'M AN ELDERLY WOMAN WITH ARTHRITIS AND I HAD TO CLIMB OVER THE TOP OF THE TUB!!! I called this morning with the intention of ordering a new handle and guess what!!! No soap. I found out via internet search that there's been a SECOND sale of this company.

Here's the link to one article:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161110006174/en/Blackstreet-Capital-Holdings-sells-stake-Premier-Care I've been calling every number I found for this "new" Premiere Care and the only one I found was a toll-free one on their ad on-line.

I've left a message for a call back but I'm not holding my breath!!! Neither should anyone else because I'll wager my soul that you'll either never get a call back or, when you do, unless you're a new sale, they're not going to help with any service issues. So - here I am. My husband is a disabled vet and recently diagnosed with cancer and I, as previously stated, am elderly with my own health issues.

This tub was meant as an assistance for us. For us, this was a luxury purchase - the ONLY luxury purchase we've ever made. It was for a very brief (and, as it turns out, very expensive!) period of time an enjoyable one. Now, I need a new handle and have absolutely no idea where I'm going to get one - never mind the next repair issue that will, no doubt, turn up.

According to what I could find, the 2nd owner who took over in November 2016 is a Ben Greene. I couldn't find any record that he's sold it or closed down but it may be that status hasn't yet been caught up to the Internet. I can't find, however, WHERE Mr Greene's corporate office is. Some articles that I found on-line about his purchase of his company have indicated the outfit is, again, headquartered in So.

Daytona, Fla, while the address on the website still shows the one being used by Blackstreet in MI. I will call AGAIN tomorrow but my gut is telling me it will be fruitless. BTW, I've even read reviews with similar complaints as those I've read here for this company as far away as England - and the complainants clearly stated it was THE SAME Premiere Care. So, where does this leave all of us?

I know where it leaves my husband and me - IN DEBT (we finance this thing), ROBBED of $1K for the warranty (this company's officers KNEW it was failing and that they were in negotiations to sell off ONLY ITS ASSETS to Blackstreet - which meant they sold warranties they KNEW were valueless. FRAUD, in my book), and, it leaves me with only a shower (can't use tub because the door can't be fully secured until a new handle is acquired.) I do not have the money to replace it.

If someone comes up with a resolution or a non-phantom phone number for these guys, please let me know, too! 828-305-4989

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #1229960

They are never going to help you in service... contact an attorney!!

distrito
to Anonymous Woodbridge, Virginia, United States #1304504

I so totally agree, my mom is going to contact a lawyer. She is elderly and handicap same on them.

They played that game with me (here is my number, please call me) what a joke.

Please be careful, I found out that they went of business because of complaints. So they just changed their name a little to reopen and keep screwing the poor elderly and handicap.

#1212079

Here are some number for you! Hope they work!!

407-268-6623

855-876-9713

Fax: (386) 761-6754

distrito
to JustMe Dumfries, Virginia, United States #1305785

I must of have 25 phone numbers of people that should help us, don't want no more phone numbers. Nothing but promises and no action.

You people are sick to do such things to the elderly and handicap, shame on you. What goes around will come around

View more comments

Premier Care In Bathing Uk - Premier Care in Bathing - over priced, and second rate workmanship - do not use

Corby, Nottinghamshire

Please do not use this company, from the salesman to the fitters it is over priced and the finish is awful. They are not dementia friendly and only employ contractors not their own fitters. So services is second rate.

We heard the fitter shouting in my dads hall at the surveyor, which if anyone knows people with dementia it is very frightening for them.

Getting hold of someone is authority to speak to is also a nightmare - I had to be very rude to eventually get someone to call me back.

If you are thinking of getting a shower fitted please get in contact with me I would happily show you the finish. Maybe ask them to see a finished shower before you buy.

Please don't be taken in my their Sales man he is well trained, and has an answer for everything

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: still awaiting a handle, not happy with finish.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Cost, Finish, Contractors, Company, Customer after i payed, Deceptive presentation, Hidden agenda, Way they treated me as a customer.

Premier Care In Bathing - Primier Care in Bathing is a SCAM

Turnaround Time

My elderly father (he is 77 years old) was pressured into buying this “custom” bathtub for $26,000 by a salesman/contractor representing Premier Care in Bathing, who came to his door. He was told that the bathtub would be made specifically to fit into his bathroom seamlessly and that he would need to purchase a much larger water heater for the tub to function.

Upon delivery and installation we discovered that the tub does not fit seamlessly into the space. There is a large seam connecting a portion about 6 inches from the wall. Also, the tub was not installed properly, with a very messy and unprofessional job and many large gaping seams where water has been leaking under the tub and onto the exposed wood floor underneath. My father also realized upon delivery, that the water heater they replaced his old one is nearly the same size as his old one.

Weeks ago I called the contractor to tell him that we needed to fix the water leaking under the bath and possible water leakage in the basement from the water heater as well. He told me that he no longer works for Premier Care in Bathing.

I have called many numbers at their corporate location in Florida but I am only able to speak with sale agents who give me phone numbers that don’t work and transfer me to dead ends.

The bathtub is extremely over priced, at a total loss of $26,000 which he paid as a lump sum from his retirement savings. Comparing this company’s prices to competitors; the bathtub could have been purchased for much less, probably around $3-4000 total!

I have been trying to get an itemized receipt of the purchase to understand how much my father actually paid for the tub itself, but I was laughed at on the phone by the representative who then gave me a number to a Voicemail with its box full. I have been trying to call this number and several others repeatedly in the last weeks but I have had little luck. Only one representative promising that I would get a call back in 48 hours. That was over 2 weeks ago.

I believe this company is guilty of elder abuse. They are targeting old and disabled people who cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.

My elderly father was confused and had a hard time understanding what he is buying and how much it actually cost. My father says he was made many promises about the tub, including that it was absolutely necessary for my mother who was dying of cancer to heal.

This kind of high-pressure sales and then total neglect of the customer after the sale is finalized is beyond anything I have ever witnessed in this country and with a little research online I found hundreds of similar complaints.

It was not “custom fit” to our bathroom, as promised.

The bathtub was installed incorrectly.

It may have caused and is continuing to cause possible water damage to our home.

They are not honoring any requests for service, nor basic customer requests, like an itemized receipt.

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Cost, Hidden agenda, Deceptive presentation, Value for price, Elder abuse.

Comments

RobertBowers
Buffalo, New York, United States #1242396

It is sad to hear your inconvenience. I would suggest you must research well about the vendor and avoid unauthorized sales man.

Always go for licensed organization.

Few days back one of my friends purchased walk in bath tub from www.walkinbathtubor.com, after investigating completely about there services and policies. It is a mandatory task to avoid such scams.

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #1229963

Unfortunately this is the standard by this company. It is now under a new ownership for the 3rd time this year!!

The workers in service do not call any back and frankly are not doing there job. I would contact an attorney and see if there is any resolution you can get.

Newton, Massachusetts, United States #1215231

Thank you for your comment, and I am so very sorry for your nightmare. I agree about the elderly being the victims here, as mine was installed by previous elderly owner who passed on.

They could never and should NEVER go through this. Almost a senior citizen and disabled myself, I bought the condo ( with same installed ) four years ago and now same experience; no information, all voice mail boxes full and now stuck with broken fixture ( no shower - only the tub ), metal covering of an air jet broke off etc., etc.. I had taped up the cracks all around from lousy installation, where cold air shoots out ( bad in winter ) and also, the condo occupant's bathroom fan ( below me ) blows horrible smells into my bathroom. Heaven only knows if moldy from leaking in sub flooring or damage.

I have multiple medical issues .

This has only flares them enormously from the stress and made headaches almost 24/7.

Pain and headache makes me stop here.

God bless you and your poor wonderful father, and I most sincerely wish you all the best, relief from this terrible stress and a full resolution ASAP!

Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States #1200019

File a complaint in your State general attorney's office. Send a formal letter of complaint to the company certified with return signature.

gather all documents, and make sure all documents and correspondence are kept. Contact your local TV stations and ask for help. This practice has to be stopped.

That is a lot of money, and your father deserves an advocate and that is 'you'. You just have to be persistent and patient.

Rohnert Park, California, United States #1198375

Call the better business burea and call the aarp and call your local representatives

Keep after this and go on their web sites and complain

Keep after them

View more comments

Premier Care In Bathing - Simple Review #1463067839

Tub is leaking bad instillation we have called them for three days and they have not responded with a solution the install is bad they did not use the right connections where the pipes connect

Premier Care In Bathing - Total Scam

This company attempts to scam vulnerable elderly people. The salesman from Washington state (John Rosales), attempted to take my parents Social Security numbers and copies of their Drivers Licenses after procuring their credit card number's.

Luckily, I happened to come by my parents house when they were dealing with this salesman over the phone. When I heard what he was requesting from them, red flags began popping up. When he did not receive the information he requested, he became surly. Yet another red flag popped up.

He began to state that the deal was a limited time offer -- thus trying to rush my parents into making this deal. Do not trust this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Premier Care In Bathing Bathtub Installation.

Reason of review: Shady salesman.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.