Premier Care In Bathing - Primier Care in Bathing is a SCAM
My elderly father (he is 77 years old) was pressured into buying this “custom” bathtub for $26,000 by a salesman/contractor representing Premier Care in Bathing, who came to his door. He was told that the bathtub would be made specifically to fit into his bathroom seamlessly and that he would need to purchase a much larger water heater for the tub to function.
Upon delivery and installation we discovered that the tub does not fit seamlessly into the space. There is a large seam connecting a portion about 6 inches from the wall. Also, the tub was not installed properly, with a very messy and unprofessional job and many large gaping seams where water has been leaking under the tub and onto the exposed wood floor underneath. My father also realized upon delivery, that the water heater they replaced his old one is nearly the same size as his old one.
Weeks ago I called the contractor to tell him that we needed to fix the water leaking under the bath and possible water leakage in the basement from the water heater as well. He told me that he no longer works for Premier Care in Bathing.
I have called many numbers at their corporate location in Florida but I am only able to speak with sale agents who give me phone numbers that don’t work and transfer me to dead ends.
The bathtub is extremely over priced, at a total loss of $26,000 which he paid as a lump sum from his retirement savings. Comparing this company’s prices to competitors; the bathtub could have been purchased for much less, probably around $3-4000 total!
I have been trying to get an itemized receipt of the purchase to understand how much my father actually paid for the tub itself, but I was laughed at on the phone by the representative who then gave me a number to a Voicemail with its box full. I have been trying to call this number and several others repeatedly in the last weeks but I have had little luck. Only one representative promising that I would get a call back in 48 hours. That was over 2 weeks ago.
I believe this company is guilty of elder abuse. They are targeting old and disabled people who cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.
My elderly father was confused and had a hard time understanding what he is buying and how much it actually cost. My father says he was made many promises about the tub, including that it was absolutely necessary for my mother who was dying of cancer to heal.
This kind of high-pressure sales and then total neglect of the customer after the sale is finalized is beyond anything I have ever witnessed in this country and with a little research online I found hundreds of similar complaints.
It was not “custom fit” to our bathroom, as promised.
The bathtub was installed incorrectly.
It may have caused and is continuing to cause possible water damage to our home.
They are not honoring any requests for service, nor basic customer requests, like an itemized receipt.
ho cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hidden agenda
- Deceptive presentation
- Value for price
- Elder abuse
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "As a result of poor technical service to our furnace this company has caused over $20K worth of damage to our property. After careful consideration, they have offered 15%..."
- "I am writing you to warn of a home improvement scam artist based in your area. I have traced him to a trailer house in your area with the help..."
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "This trial period is a total rip off. Sure I was pass the fourteen days calling to cancel but as I tried to tell the woman on the phone I..."
- "we bought an entire house of new windows from Lowe's in 2008. We paid a great deal of money for hurricane impact windows. One of the picture windows has developed..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "I used Bookit.com to book our all inclusive honeymoon vacation with round trip airport transfers to Cancun in October of 2015. We booked at the Golden Parnassus resort 1/28/2016-2/4/2016. Two..."
- "Bought a 32" December 2015 for when My daughters visit and put it in their room. Less than a month later, and used two (2) week ends, had vertical color..."