Premier Care In Bathing - Primier Care in Bathing is a SCAM
My elderly father (he is 77 years old) was pressured into buying this “custom” bathtub for $26,000 by a salesman/contractor representing Premier Care in Bathing, who came to his door. He was told that the bathtub would be made specifically to fit into his bathroom seamlessly and that he would need to purchase a much larger water heater for the tub to function.
Upon delivery and installation we discovered that the tub does not fit seamlessly into the space. There is a large seam connecting a portion about 6 inches from the wall. Also, the tub was not installed properly, with a very messy and unprofessional job and many large gaping seams where water has been leaking under the tub and onto the exposed wood floor underneath. My father also realized upon delivery, that the water heater they replaced his old one is nearly the same size as his old one.
Weeks ago I called the contractor to tell him that we needed to fix the water leaking under the bath and possible water leakage in the basement from the water heater as well. He told me that he no longer works for Premier Care in Bathing.
I have called many numbers at their corporate location in Florida but I am only able to speak with sale agents who give me phone numbers that don’t work and transfer me to dead ends.
The bathtub is extremely over priced, at a total loss of $26,000 which he paid as a lump sum from his retirement savings. Comparing this company’s prices to competitors; the bathtub could have been purchased for much less, probably around $3-4000 total!
I have been trying to get an itemized receipt of the purchase to understand how much my father actually paid for the tub itself, but I was laughed at on the phone by the representative who then gave me a number to a Voicemail with its box full. I have been trying to call this number and several others repeatedly in the last weeks but I have had little luck. Only one representative promising that I would get a call back in 48 hours. That was over 2 weeks ago.
I believe this company is guilty of elder abuse. They are targeting old and disabled people who cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.
My elderly father was confused and had a hard time understanding what he is buying and how much it actually cost. My father says he was made many promises about the tub, including that it was absolutely necessary for my mother who was dying of cancer to heal.
This kind of high-pressure sales and then total neglect of the customer after the sale is finalized is beyond anything I have ever witnessed in this country and with a little research online I found hundreds of similar complaints.
It was not “custom fit” to our bathroom, as promised.
The bathtub was installed incorrectly.
It may have caused and is continuing to cause possible water damage to our home.
They are not honoring any requests for service, nor basic customer requests, like an itemized receipt.
ho cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hidden agenda
- Deceptive presentation
- Value for price
- Elder abuse
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Three weeks ago, I had a LeafFilter rep come by and tell me about the system. He had this great portfolio that with detail told me how they were above..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "On 12-24-2011, Mr. Rooter was called to address the issue of sewage backing up into the basement. "J" agreed with the previous plumber that a cleanout was necessary to accommodate..."
- "I had lift for a loose skin turkey neck look. After all the money spent, pain and bruising, it didn't work at all. I told doctor to compare..."
- "I ordered the "I don't need therapy all I need is to listen to Ry Cooder" sweatshirt because the design was cool and I love Ry Cooder. The shirt..."
- "I replaced the front wheel bearings in by 1976 Coachmen motor home last fall. All parts including bearings, races and seals were purchased from NAPA. 5000 miles later everything I..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."
- "for 3 days, each day package tracking says "on vehicle for delivery today" but ended up no delivery. This is the third day now again showing the same message we'll..."