Shoreview, Minnesota
100% full Not resolved
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My elderly father (he is 77 years old) was pressured into buying this “custom” bathtub for $26,000 by a salesman/contractor representing Premier Care in Bathing, who came to his door. He was told that the bathtub would be made specifically to fit into his bathroom seamlessly and that he would need to purchase a much larger water heater for the tub to function.

Upon delivery and installation we discovered that the tub does not fit seamlessly into the space. There is a large seam connecting a portion about 6 inches from the wall. Also, the tub was not installed properly, with a very messy and unprofessional job and many large gaping seams where water has been leaking under the tub and onto the exposed wood floor underneath. My father also realized upon delivery, that the water heater they replaced his old one is nearly the same size as his old one.

Weeks ago I called the contractor to tell him that we needed to fix the water leaking under the bath and possible water leakage in the basement from the water heater as well. He told me that he no longer works for Premier Care in Bathing.

I have called many numbers at their corporate location in Florida but I am only able to speak with sale agents who give me phone numbers that don’t work and transfer me to dead ends.

The bathtub is extremely over priced, at a total loss of $26,000 which he paid as a lump sum from his retirement savings. Comparing this company’s prices to competitors; the bathtub could have been purchased for much less, probably around $3-4000 total!

I have been trying to get an itemized receipt of the purchase to understand how much my father actually paid for the tub itself, but I was laughed at on the phone by the representative who then gave me a number to a Voicemail with its box full. I have been trying to call this number and several others repeatedly in the last weeks but I have had little luck. Only one representative promising that I would get a call back in 48 hours. That was over 2 weeks ago.

I believe this company is guilty of elder abuse. They are targeting old and disabled people who cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.

My elderly father was confused and had a hard time understanding what he is buying and how much it actually cost. My father says he was made many promises about the tub, including that it was absolutely necessary for my mother who was dying of cancer to heal.

This kind of high-pressure sales and then total neglect of the customer after the sale is finalized is beyond anything I have ever witnessed in this country and with a little research online I found hundreds of similar complaints.

It was not “custom fit” to our bathroom, as promised.

The bathtub was installed incorrectly.

It may have caused and is continuing to cause possible water damage to our home.

They are not honoring any requests for service, nor basic customer requests, like an itemized receipt.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of cost and hidden agenda. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of premier care in bathing bathtub installation and associated monetary loss in the amount of $26000. Premier Care In Bathing needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned premier care in bathing bathtub installation in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Premier Care In Bathing. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Safe Step Tub.

Had an Experience with Premier Care In Bathing?

Comments

RobertBowers
Buffalo, New York, United States #1242396

It is sad to hear your inconvenience.I would suggest you must research well about the vendor and avoid unauthorized sales man.

Always go for licensed organization.

Few days back one of my friends purchased walk in bath tub from www.walkinbathtubor.com, after investigating completely about there services and policies.It is a mandatory task to avoid such scams.

Merritt Island, Florida, United States #1229963

Unfortunately this is the standard by this company.It is now under a new ownership for the 3rd time this year!!

The workers in service do not call any back and frankly are not doing there job.I would contact an attorney and see if there is any resolution you can get.

Newton, Massachusetts, United States #1215231

Thank you for your comment, and I am so very sorry for your nightmare.I agree about the elderly being the victims here, as mine was installed by previous elderly owner who passed on.

They could never and should NEVER go through this. Almost a senior citizen and disabled myself, I bought the condo ( with same installed ) four years ago and now same experience; no information, all voice mail boxes full and now stuck with broken fixture ( no shower - only the tub ), metal covering of an air jet broke off etc., etc.. I had taped up the cracks all around from lousy installation, where cold air shoots out ( bad in winter ) and also, the condo occupant's bathroom fan ( below me ) blows horrible smells into my bathroom. Heaven only knows if moldy from leaking in sub flooring or damage.

I have multiple medical issues .

This has only flares them enormously from the stress and made headaches almost 24/7.

Pain and headache makes me stop here.

God bless you and your poor wonderful father, and I most sincerely wish you all the best, relief from this terrible stress and a full resolution ASAP!

Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States #1200019

File a complaint in your State general attorney's office.Send a formal letter of complaint to the company certified with return signature.

gather all documents, and make sure all documents and correspondence are kept. Contact your local TV stations and ask for help. This practice has to be stopped.

That is a lot of money, and your father deserves an advocate and that is 'you'.You just have to be persistent and patient.

Rohnert Park, California, United States #1198375

Call the better business burea and call the aarp and call your local representatives

Keep after this and go on their web sites and complain

Keep after them