My elderly father (he is 77 years old) was pressured into buying this “custom” bathtub for $26,000 by a salesman/contractor representing Premier Care in Bathing, who came to his door. He was told that the bathtub would be made specifically to fit into his bathroom seamlessly and that he would need to purchase a much larger water heater for the tub to function.
Upon delivery and installation we discovered that the tub does not fit seamlessly into the space. There is a large seam connecting a portion about 6 inches from the wall. Also, the tub was not installed properly, with a very messy and unprofessional job and many large gaping seams where water has been leaking under the tub and onto the exposed wood floor underneath. My father also realized upon delivery, that the water heater they replaced his old one is nearly the same size as his old one.
Weeks ago I called the contractor to tell him that we needed to fix the water leaking under the bath and possible water leakage in the basement from the water heater as well. He told me that he no longer works for Premier Care in Bathing.
I have called many numbers at their corporate location in Florida but I am only able to speak with sale agents who give me phone numbers that don’t work and transfer me to dead ends.
The bathtub is extremely over priced, at a total loss of $26,000 which he paid as a lump sum from his retirement savings. Comparing this company’s prices to competitors; the bathtub could have been purchased for much less, probably around $3-4000 total!
I have been trying to get an itemized receipt of the purchase to understand how much my father actually paid for the tub itself, but I was laughed at on the phone by the representative who then gave me a number to a Voicemail with its box full. I have been trying to call this number and several others repeatedly in the last weeks but I have had little luck. Only one representative promising that I would get a call back in 48 hours. That was over 2 weeks ago.
I believe this company is guilty of elder abuse. They are targeting old and disabled people who cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.
My elderly father was confused and had a hard time understanding what he is buying and how much it actually cost. My father says he was made many promises about the tub, including that it was absolutely necessary for my mother who was dying of cancer to heal.
This kind of high-pressure sales and then total neglect of the customer after the sale is finalized is beyond anything I have ever witnessed in this country and with a little research online I found hundreds of similar complaints.
It was not “custom fit” to our bathroom, as promised.
The bathtub was installed incorrectly.
It may have caused and is continuing to cause possible water damage to our home.
They are not honoring any requests for service, nor basic customer requests, like an itemized receipt.
ho cannot defend themselves from these kind of scams. They are giving me a very aggressive run around, one that my father couldn’t possibly endure.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hidden agenda
- Deceptive presentation
- Value for price
- Elder abuse
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This company deals with â€œhalf truths.â€ Upon hiring, you are promised a seemingly incredible income, with all types of advancement opportunities. Strictly for the birds.As a salesperson, you are..."
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "We live in a mobile home so finding someone to install or repair anything is a nightmare. We were pressured into the buy. We were told it would not only..."
- "My order went through (debit card approved), got verification e-mail then another e-mail asking for visual proof that I am who I claim to be. I suspect a hidden agenda. Gearbest..."
- "This is dirtiest motel room I've ever encountered. A combination of mildew and cigarettes was not a welcome scent or a great first impression. All surfaces, including the luggage rack,..."
- "I have sent now 4 emails was told i had 72 hours tonreply which idid yet they requested pictures and I have plenty yet each attempt tonattach eevn at the..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "Dear Sir I have been using all different types of your products for a long time now. However, today I had my worst experience with your Company. I bought Sally Hansen Ouch..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."